Friday, February 24, 2006

Colt '92

When I was in my early 20s, I once interviewed for a job in the marketing department of Colt Studios. I sort of applied for the job on a lark and was nervous/titilated when they actually called me. Their offices were up in the Valley, in someplace like Studio City on Ventura Boulevard. I figured it would probably be just like any other office, but the second I walked in I saw the familiar solid red and blue sets that are used in all of the Colt books and calendars. As I was meeting with the marketing guy, all of these brawny gorgeous men were coming and going from the joint. I must have looked like a (starved) kid in a candy store, 'cause I didn't get the job. The guy seemed to think that I wasn't serious and that working for the maker of "adult products" would stigmatize my hitherto mainstream career. He was probably right, but I sure will never forget seeing the guy in the picture above come to life right before my eyes. (UPDATE: In 2011, I learned the model's name was Neal/Neil Kennit.)

Of course, this was pretty tame compared with what happened a few months later when I moved into a roommate situation in a cute West Hollywood bungalow. It was only later that I realized one of my new roomies was Mike Henson ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure as hell know how to leave a brother hanging with that Mike Henson cliffhanger!