Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Heart of Glass

It's Fashion Week here in New York City. The only event that interested me at all was the Heart Truth Red Dress Collection, an annual fashion show to raise awareness of women's heart disease. Music stars like Sheryl Crow, Lindsay Lohan(!), Fergie, Nelly Furtado and JoJo all worked the runway in designer red dresses, but I'd venture to say that anyone who attended would agree that Deborah Harry stole the show. When Deb came out in her red plunging neckline gown, I felt like I'd been transported back to 1983 when I went to see her in David Cronenberg's creepy flick "Videodrome." Debbie wore a similar dress in the film, and I couldn't help but notice how enduring her beauty and luminescence is some 25 years later. Today's generation can only pray that they have her star quality at age 60.

1 comment:

David said...

Thanks for posting the pic. Gorgeous!