Thursday, February 09, 2006

iPod Walsh, Dec. 25, 2005-Feb. 8, 2006?


Pardon my Johnny-come-lately story, but I got my first iPod just this past Christmas. Michael got me this snazzy new model, sleek and black and really cool. Apparently it can play videos, but I'm so farsighted I can't imagine how that would work, but I digress.

So I've read all the Times stories about how these things are designed to not be fixable so you have to just replace it every few years. And I've heard a number of horror stories from friends and co-workers.

Nonetheless, I was stunned on my way home from work tonight when I was listening to a little Aimee Mann on the subway when suddenly I heard this horrible dying sound and my iPod went dead. My fully charged, only-been-used-about-10-times iPod -- dead. I was meeting Michael for dinner and he attempted a resetting procedure that he had read about (and had had to employ around the 1-year birthday of his own iPod).

This didn't resuscitate mine, but when I got home I popped it on the JBL On Stage my parents got me for Christmas (OK, I started late, but my family hooked me up nicely), it immediately seemed fine again.

Long story short: WTF?

No comments: