Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Music Box: Pretenders

(NOTE: Music, far more than film and television, is my passion. For the next few weeks, months or years, I will feature albums from my all-time fave list. I always love to debate the merits of different artists, and look forward to hearing your feedback.)


Pretenders by The Pretenders From the first time "Precious" came blaring out of my stereo speakers back in junior high school, I couldn't believe my ears. I'd never heard anything like it before. Twenty-five years later you still wonder "How did they come up with this?" A true masterpiece. Certainly the best debut ever -- arguably the best album ever.

 

Especially: "Precious," "The Wait," "Tattooed Love Boys"

2 comments:

Bill said...

I can't believe you're dissing "Up the Neck."

John said...

When Chrissie snarls "I'm too preciousFUCKOFF!" I still shiver.