Thursday, April 12, 2007

Get a Room

When I read a gay rumor about Jake Gyllenhaal in the Daily News' gossip section yesterday I kind of rolled my eyes and thought, here we go again, back to the land of Tom Cruise ...

  • Sure, he was just linked with Reese Witherspoon, but that hasn't stopped speculation about Jake Gyllenhaal and his good buddy Austin Nichols. The "Brokeback Mountain" star last week visited the set of Nichols' HBO series, "John From Cincinnati," according to TMZ.com, which says that the two guys spent most of the day in Nichols' trailer. The site also says they had a quiet dinner at Jar in L.A., escaping paparazzi through the back door. Last April, wishful thinkers made much of photos of an animated-looking Jake and Austin at a Lakers game. Jake's rep says they're "just friends."

  • Then I saw a photo of the boys in action and, well, I'm starting to think this Top Bottom Gun may have All the Right Moves after all ...

    5 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I was brunching at my favorite West Hollywood restauraunt, Hugo's, where I've seen Jake a couple of times, when he walked in to get a coffee. My friend commented on how hard Jake was staring down this girl at the next table. I was sure it was me Jake was looking at, but alas, it was not to be. Once Jake left, my friend said to the girl, "did you notice that Jake is in love with you?" She said, "Really?" and her five tablemates all said, "We all did." About ten minutes later, lovely hostess Jasmyn came to the girl and told her there was a call for her. She came back to the table saying she had a date with Jake! we were all floored! And I thought, "well that answers that." as I'm sure everyone else did. then I thought some more. He came in and left through the front door, stood where everyone could see him, was very obvious making eyes at a girl at a table of six and makes sure everyone sees. I've seen him leave through the back door a couple of times. I think what I witnessed was played up to make sure that a lot of people saw Jake being straight because his behavior that day went against his previous actions and it was all too public. It's not proof of anything, just sayin's all.

    Anonymous said...

    Great story danny. Who knows what jake is.

    But can I ask you ... how's the food at Hugo's? I've been wanting to visit. Any vege selections?

    Good to see other LA folks here!
    :-)

    Anonymous said...

    Food there is pretty good, plenty of Vegie selections, like the potent sweet potatoes and the avacado hummus wrap I eat when I think I've been piggy lately. I also love the Hugo Burger w/ avacado- takes a little longer but it is worth it! And the breakfast pizza is great... I eat there alot!

    Anonymous said...

    Cute story :) Just curious, what did the girl look like? Blonde, brunette?

    Anonymous said...

    Brunette.