Friday, May 04, 2007

Roger & Me

It's Friday evening in New York and I just walked in the door from my wonderful Roman holiday with Mikey. One unexpected surprise was running into Roger Federer (along with Mirka Vavrinec and another man) in our "favorite cafe" in Rome on Wednesday night. The Lucy-and-Ethel high jinks that led to our getting this photo -- along with complete trip details and photos -- will be included in next week's blog posts. (A big thank-you to Mark for keeping my blog "alive" while I was away this week.)

For all of you who have sent your well-wishes, I have some encouraging news about my Troy. Suddenly and without explanation, he started eating when I brought him home for his final nights last Monday (April 30) and has only flourished since then. The doctors believe the steroid shot they gave him may have finally kicked in, but whatever the case he is awfully close to being his old self again. I'm trying to remind myself that everything isn't "back to normal" now (he still has pancreatitis and what is likely a cancerous tumor in his stomach), but each additional day with a happy Troy is greatly cherished over here. Yes, going away on vacation was a dilemma, but my cat sitter took great care of my baby and said Troy even stalked a mouse while he was a guest over there! One day at a time ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, I can't wait to hear all about your Italian Holiday. Great picture with Roger.....

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your kitty is feeling better! Here's to wishing him a full recovery.

Anonymous said...

The guy was probably Reto Staubli who practices with Federer. They are practically inseparable.

http://federermagic.blogspot.com/2005/05/reto-staubli.html

Anonymous said...

Yowza! Can't wait to hear the Federer details!

Rick said...

Rejoice rejoice rejoice! Glad to hear about Troy. That is good news.

You look much more handsome than Roger. He looks slightly F*%#@D UP.

Can't wait to hear of all the Itallian stallions.:)