Monday, September 24, 2007

The Elements of Style

GQ's 50th anniversary issue celebrates the 50 most stylish men of the past 50 years. The huge, ad-filled mag has been published with 10 different men on the cover -- including (212) heroes John F. Kennedy, Robert Redford and Muhammad Ali -- but I have to say receiving the version with Paul Newman up front was more than OK with me. Was there ever a more beautiful man than Mr. Blue Eyes himself? Tom Brady made the cover, but also made the magazine's Legacy Project list, which speculates about whom we'll still be talking about 50 years from now. (No argument here.)
The complete list is thoughtful and provocative, and with the likes of David Bowie, Bjorn Borg, Steve McQueen, George Clooney, Bryan Ferry and Jack Kerouac on it, it's definitely worth a look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I saw Paul Newman on a talk show a number of years back, and I was marveling at how handsome he was. That he was pretty darned sexy. And then it dawned on me that, at the time of the intereview, he was proably 60 at least.

I wasn't thinking "gosh he looks good for his age" I was honestly thinking ... well, I was thinking he was pretty darned purdy!