Monday, September 17, 2007

Teatty Bar

Welcome to my home
As you can see, our precious little Larry has wasted no time making himself at home. For those of you who aren't big fans of my blog you will be happy to know that Larry has a strict NO BLOGGING policy -- and will stoop to any level of cuteness to get me to pay attention to him instead of the computer.
Pay attention to me -- and only me
While I would normally be thrilled that my new kitty has taken to his surroundings so quickly, it's his taking to sucking on my ear lobes nonstop for hours on end (somebody's got weaning issues) that has me a little concerned. No matter what I do he will eventually get himself into a position to go to town. If I try to stop him in any way he gets extremely aggressive, purring up a storm as he slithers up to my neck on the bed or jumps on my shoulder if I'm sitting up. By the time I got to Chestertown, Maryland, for my friend's wedding on Friday I had decided the heartbreak of leaving my new baby back home was worth the tradeoff of giving my ears a couple nights' rest. By Sunday full scabs had formed on both lobes (my slightly deformed left ear is on display, below). My catsitter said Lar did the same thing to him so now I can't even feel special (in fact, I feel kind of cheap when he does it to me now). When we were kids my sister's cat, Cluster, used to suck on her hair when he was a kitten and we all thought it was cute thinking that he would eventually grow out of it. About 17 years later on his death bed he was still sucking on Jenn's hair, so something tells me I need to do something now before it's too late!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww your cat is adorable ;)

Deeoshaythree said...

Aww! He's so small and cute! I'm sure my aunt (a severe cat-person) would empathise with you, considering her cat once licked her nose so much that it bled.

Steve Reed said...

That is HILARIOUS.

Maybe hot chili pepper on your earlobes? (Though your boyfriend might object!)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would suggest chili pepper or some equally nasty tasting spice..( the cupboard is full of them) It should not take too long to cure his fetish. Cat saliva has nasty stuff in it, dont let him make open sores in your ears!

Craig

Anonymous said...

Parents who want their children to stop sucking their thumb can get a liquid at the pharmacy that when painted on the child’s thumb makes it taste yucky. Might try it on your ears.
Randy

Anonymous said...

Even sleeping, you have perfect hair! Damn!

Anonymous said...

"My catsitter said Lar did the same thing to him so now I can't even feel special (in fact, I feel kind of cheap when he does it to me now."

OH man, I honestly laughed out loud when I read the comment above. But Larry is definately a cutie and I would agree with the other posters that something offensive tasting on your ears might help.

There is actually a product called Control It for nail biting that is supposed to be safe for children (who suck their thumbs or bite nails)so I would hope it would be safe for kitty too.

I can't vouch for it personally, but it could be a start. Good luck!