Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Funny Girl Lady

I've always loved Chelsea Handler on that low-budget "Candid Camera"-type show "Girls Behaving Badly,"on Oxygen, but it wasn't until I started watching her new E! show, "Chelsea Lately," that I realized she's gotta be the most hilarious person in Hollywood these days. She's as funny as Kathy Griffin and as gorgeous as Jenny McCarthy (and Chelsea doesn't make those f**king faces) -- kind of the best of both worlds. (I'm sorry. Kath is my girl but if I have to look at those fried bangs for another year I'm might have to enroll at the Vidal Sassoon Academy over on Fifth Avenue so I can stage an intervention.) Chelsea's nightly show starts with a roundtable discussion of all things pop culture with an ever-changing group of comedians and D-listers. This is followed by a sitdown celebrity interview and then my favorite part of the show -- location spots where Chelsea gets herself into a variety of uncomfortably embarrassing situations, like the time she took a hip-hop dance class and accused her "urban" classsmates of stealing her wallet from her bag, or the time she gave a commencement speech at a 2-week bartenders course. (If you couldn't watch "Ellen" or "The Comeback," this show is not for you!!!)


Chelsea's MySpace is chock full o' hilariousness and can be viewed here.
She's also the author of "My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands" and the upcoming "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea"

At the risk of turning into the 21st century version of Sean Young when she was lobbying for the role of Catwoman in "Batman," let's just say I'm willing to do just about anything to meet Chelsea and pull up a chair on her roundtable one of these nights!

No comments: