Friday, February 08, 2008

My Heart (and Sink) Runneth Over

For those of you wondering how the new baby is doing, well, he's great although he's not much of a baby anymore. (They grow up so fast.) I was talking to my mom last week and telling her how Larry was still sucking on my ear lobes every chance he got and how it looked like this was to be my fate for the next 15-20 years. Having raised four kids she quickly got serious and said, NO. Kids don't always just outgrow these things. That I have to PUSH him away when he does it. It made me feel bad to deprive him of his "binky," but a week later he's making real progress. He still makes a play for my ears when we're snuggled up close. But he's stopped whining when I won't let him have a suck -- and sometimes he doesn't even bother trying at all. Maybe there's hope yet. Whatever the case may be, he's a keeper. As you can see here, he's getting way too big for that kind of nonsense. Keep in mind my sink is the size of one in an airplane bathroom and you'll get a sense of how far Larry's come.

Oct. 17, 2007
Feb. 7, 2008

"What are you looking at?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable kitty kat!! Richard

Anonymous said...

That damn cat is the cutest thing ever. Your mom sounds really smart too.

Unknown said...

LARRY for president!

Anonymous said...

Cutest!

Anonymous said...

you have the cutest dam cat ever dude . .. i lost my 17 year old, my 14 year old and my 12 year old all within a year .. but lookin at larry . . .make sme weak for another :-)

thanks