Wednesday, June 07, 2006

'Liquid Love' by Madonna

The "Ray of Light" period was one of my favorite Madonna eras. Her post-"Evita" voice was strong and confident. Her becoming a mother gave her a whole new perspective on things. And her collaboration with William Orbit was a smart one.

A friend of mine in Scotland just sent me this unreleased track from the "Ray of Light" recording sessions, called "Liquid Love." Although it's clear to me why it was omitted from the final lineup, it's an interesting little song and a nice flashback to Madonna at her peak.
  • Listen to "Liquid Love"
  • 3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Kenneth in the (212)

    Just came across your blog spot and the track Liquid Love - I have to agree whilst not being included ion the final track listing for Ray of Light it is a VERY nice reminder of trhe lady at indeed her peak! I recall the release of the Ray of Light album whilst working in New York in 1998 (iam an Sydney boy from Australia and was in NYC for work/holiday) - I was shopping in Bloomingdales (yeah I know, no comment OK) and it was being played EVERYWHERE - such a great time for me. Many happy memories! Thanks for the track listen!
    Chris SH

    Unknown said...

    thanks for the track, i as looking for a long time, cheers from argentina
    :)

    Unknown said...

    another Liquid Love remix: http://www.4shared.com/file/229492741/702c1c3/Madonna_-_Liquid_Love__piano_s.html

    enjoy!